I didn't know this....

"It never gets easier. You just get stronger."

Starting over again and again....that never gets easier. It's not easy to stir up the motivation when you find yourself back at square one yet one more time. Not easy to believe that this time I'll be able to keep it going...

I began acupuncture treatments a couple weeks ago to help my body regain its energy after burnout 2 years ago. It's very promising, and it gives me hope.

So far what it's done it set me back to where my energy was really really low, which is apparently normal for this kind of treatment.

In the meantime I did some research to see how I could (read: should) exercise while living with adrenal fatigue, and found that the best things to do is limit the cardio (i.e. nothing that will create any heat) and adding strength training with heavy weights and low reps.

Did I read that right?....Mass building???

Contrary to what I thought, lifting heavy with low reps is preferred over volume with light weights because your heart rate must be kept relatively low. It's all the adrenal glands can take when they're exhausted. Just as important, taking 60-120 seconds rest between each set to lower your heart rate after lifting. And cardio is limited to gentle yoga and walking. Hmmm...I think I can do that.

So today I completed day one of the Mass Building Program. I used 12lbs for most exercises, following the format Daniel laid out (AB/AB) and omitting the jumping jacks.

I didn't work up a sweat at all and felt good afterwards (I missed strength training so much!)

An added plus: slowing things down like this, lifting heavy and taking extra long rest periods between exercises, is a very quick way to give me the muscle tone I want! Win win.

Day two tomorrow!!

Edited