HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group April 2nd 🌞🐝

Hello Blendfriends, welcome to Saturday. I am taking this day as a big fat reset after my week. We had some stressful news at work and I've been all wound up but I decided yesterday that it was time to take a step back and work on self care, and I'm sticking to it! So today is a day for sleeping in, going for a walk in the gorgeous sunshine🌞, taking a nap, washing and air-drying some laundry. I might even try to dry some clothes outside, don't you just love the smell of fresh air in your clothes?

I'm nearly through with FB Stretch. I took a few days off to stress and tighten my muscles this week, so I'm mixing in some more comprehensive stretching along side. I plan to book an appointment in osteopathy -- maybe try the local school which has low-cost consultations so I can line up a few of them and get my back and neck feeling better.

I'll admit that I've been feeling a bit down with my back aches, neck aches, headaches and reactions to various sources of stress in my workplace and home life. But I feel like resenting this and being grumpy might not the best way through πŸ™„. So I'm working on some helpful thoughts, like this one:

Accept your imperfections. If part of your body or mind is suffering, accept it and nurture it. Help it to mend. Perhaps you will mend yourself stronger than ever, but even if you keep an imperfection or two, recognize them and accept them as part of what makes you perfectly you.

To illustrate this thought, and show that I mean it right down to the micro scale of our most ordinary ouches, here is a picture of a beloved old sweatshirt mended by blogger "The Snail of Happiness". Her husband liked the mends so much, he threatened to make more holes to get more bees!

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone, and please feel welcome to read and post here.

Edited