Strong 2 week 2 complete

Just finished the last workout of week 2 of strong 2. It feels good to work out on schedule again. I still have a bit of mixed feelings about the workouts. I'm enjoying them now that I'm using a backpack with weights for lower body strength but it's also annoying that it's harder to increase weight this way. The backpack can only hold so much weight. I also struggle with my body image. Because I was proud and happy with my body for the first time in forever before the stroke. I was strong and muscular and I felt good. I really miss that confidence. It took me years to achieve so I know I can't expect to achieve it within a few months now. It's just frustrating.

On the bright side. I had a meeting with the recovery doctor Tuesday and my hand has improved a lot so I can start new therapy for the hand and probably be able to improve a lot. I will also get a thumb brace to try to get it to stretch and stay out of the fist. It was stuck inside the fist for 4 months so it just always wants to go back there. Which is why I can't hold a dumbbell. The dumbbell is in the fist and the thumb wants to be in that spot so it tries to crawl in, which ruins the grip and pushes the dumbbell out of my hand. So I'm very excited to start with that. Still waiting on a start date. Hopefully soon. Anyway, today is cheat day for me so pizza for dinner and vodka and weed. I'm Dutch after all. It helps me sleep and relax. I am no longer allowed to take the sleeping pills I was taking since the stroke. So in the weekend I smoke weed and sleep like a baby.

On to week 3 of strong 2!!!