HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group March 31(th? No "th" there needed, right?))

Hi everyone.

Last day of this month. Now we’re really heading towards spring, though it doesn’t feel like it today here, as temperatures have plummeted. When I woke up around 3 last night, it was snowing! ❄ (It’s gone already.) A week ago I was in a T-shirt, arms slathered in sunscreen, admiring magnolias and cherry blossoms. 🌸

“Jealousy, envy and comparison […] are not a problem. There is simply an expression of awakened energy.” Melissa West

The quote comes from a yoga video I did yesterday and I liked the “emotion = energy” explanation. I also liked that this teacher said these emotions are not a problem, since we are inclined to see them as bad, unwanted – they aren’t pleasant feelings, not necessarily pretty. I do think they are part of life. And believe me, when that energy is awakened within me… I feel it in my chest 🧨 It’s a shame I can’t use it to fuel my laundry machine with, or my cellphone. 😂 The more negative emotions have been more prominent here, been feeling a bit lonely and not in control of things. (Case in point: almost running out of contact lenses because I changed opticians and I need to ask them about insurance, need to make an appointment at the hairdresser but she has gotten more expensive and I want to try another salon but planning these two things feels like I need to build a rocket, at the moment. Even cooking is harder for me so apparently I have brain fatigue.)

Do you deal with said emotions often? What do you do to cope with them? Or do you simply let them be, accept them?

Exercise: what are you doing today? I completed the 40-min LB workout with Kelli and Daniel. 🏋️‍♀️ I like that there are calf raises included because I don't often do those.

Please help me hope that there will be no loud volunteers at the shelter today. At least not when I’m there (the aim is to help there around an hour).

I wish you all a pleasant day. Be kind to yourself. 🌼

Edited