Mirror Feedback

Hello Blender Peeps!

This has to be the first time that I am using the website on a computer instead of a phone. It feels so strange but interesting at the same time. I'm also trying to type properly with my fingers on the appropriate keys and let me say how difficult it is for me personally. I'm trying though.

Anyway, onward to the rest of the post. Lately, I've been doing FB Reach at my own pace and it feels good, especially not feeling bad about listening to my body and taking my time. I've also started doing something I used to feel uncomfortable at the thought: working out in front of a mirror. I used to dread this idea and never did it not because I feel like I'm ugly but because I would feel uncomfortable looking at myself doing certain things in the mirror. I felt like I would look weird or strange or not like how the person I'm working out with does. I soon learned that it DOESN'T matter if I look awkward or weird because that's okay. It's also okay to not look how someone else does when doing something. I'm not supposed to. :) Does this count as a Non-Scale Victory? If I remember correctly, that's what NSV stands for.

To be fair I don't look that bad anyway. In fact it's crazy the feedback you get. What you think/feel you're doing versus what you're actually doing are very different. Thankfully, a lot of the exercises I have been doing correctly, but there are a few exercises I do and I feel like I'm doing them right and then I look over in the mirror to find quite a few mistakes being made. Luckily, because of the mirror I can see what the mistakes are and adjust accordingly. It makes me wonder how I even got away with the improper forms. It really makes a difference in the workouts and even stretching routines when you can see the mistakes and fix them. It makes a really big difference in the long run. It helps you see things you normally wouldn't be able to when not using a mirror. For example, when doing an Overhead Press seeing if your arms are really going up and down together or if one goes slightly higher or lower than the other. Or when doing a Russian Twist if your back is as flat as you think it is (something I recently realized personally is when I do these my mid to lower back is flat but my upper back and shoulders are kind of rounded forward). I'm sure we all would like the most out of the movements yes?

I HIGHLY recommend more people workout in front of a mirror if possible. Just remember: don't be ashamed by what you see. If you look silly, be proud, accept and laugh at the silliness...at least that's what I do. Hopefully, it'll help the nerves go down right? Anyone else feel the same?

Edited