HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group March 19th🌶️

Hello Blendfriends and welcome to Saturday. Ashley's post yesterday made me think of this quote :

"Do something everyday that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain." ~ Mark Twain

I've posted this quote before, but it is not easy to live by. There are plenty of things I don't love doing that I do anyway, but there are a few things out there that do seem to cause more pain than others. A funny example -- last week I planted seeds for eggplant and peppers, including my beloved Espelette peppers (the picture is what they will look like in a few months), It was time to do it, another garden-loving colleague reminded me about it, but there was quite a contrast between her pent-up enthusiasm and my grumpy resolve -- I can't get excited about dragging out my pots and soil and heating mat to plant seeds when it's snowy outside! Anyway, that's done. And it wasn't really painful. I think Twain is on to something. If I hadn't done it, I would have moped and guilted myself, possibly for weeks, whereas now I've got my seeds planted and my kit out for the next plantings (kale and chard, I think).

Fortunately for me, working out is something that I *do* want to do. I've been mostly stretching challenge, till I go to the physio/osteo on Tuesday. I'm feeling a lot better, though, so I might treat myself to a little Pilates today. And then there will be functional weekend fitness -- running errands, baking bread, washing clothes. Our snow has given way to rain, so I am absolutely delighted to say that I will NOT be shoveling this weekend!

How about you? Are you resting today? Working around the house? Planning your next challenge or program? Making delicious food? And what part of it is that "thing you don't want to do", or the thing you want to do most? You can tell us, or you can just check in about your workouts, of course 😄.