Pushing boundaries…?!?!

I wasn’t sure what title I should give this post, but the Dutch term that was in my head today is “grenzen verleggen” and “pushing boundaries” is probably the best equivalent.

Our fourth day of skiing: after two years of not skiing, we have slowly been getting back into our stride but today I felt a bit like “really?! This one?!” Hubs pointed out a red piste (= advanced intermediate run apparently) and as we have done loads of reds in the past, I thought ok, let’s go for it. We arrived at the bottom of the pancake lift where we were met by the message: “only for experienced skiers”…. And that was only the lift 😱😱😱! It WAS indeed a very difficult lift. I was holding on for dear life, really nervous, telling myself: you can do this! Then at the top, the piste down looked pretty steep to me, but there is no other option to get down from there than ski, so …. Off I went….

It was an amazing ski down, it was very long and steep but really pretty exhilarating!

At lunchtime I looked at the piste in the distance and the words “grenzen verleggen” came to me. I might, not sure yet, give that piste another go tomorrow!

Red circle shows top half of the piste…. I did that?! Yikes!

Edited