Perspiration Pals 9 March 2022

Hello dear Pals! How are you today? I read your posts every day and I want to add mine to the thread but then I think better of it because I’m full of anger, cynicism and frustration. I know this is a community where it’s allowed to rant or be unhappy but on the other hand, I don’t want to dump the contents of the dark clouds in my head onto your heads, if you know what I mean. That being said, I don’t want to underestimate the state of my mental health either, even if there aren’t catastrophic events happening in my life, so I need to retreat a little because I don’t want you to get bored with me. 😊

I’d been thinking about today’s question and I came up with several lame ideas but then I looked at my bookshelf (Unsolicited advice: When in doubt, look at your bookshelf. If you don’t have one, get one and fill it.) and I saw one of my favourite books (although I don’t like the word favourite when it’s about books) and light bulb! So here’s a little fill-in-the-gap question: Happiness is driven by being happy with ……… rather than getting more of …………. And: What, do you think, were/are the advantage of being hunter-gatherers? Two completely unrelated questions, I'm afraid.

Let’s talk a bit about working out too. I finished the Fit Challenge on Saturday and I warm-heartedly recommend it to anyone who’s not afraid of long routines and dying a bit from time to time. No, honestly, it was a great challenge. I started doing the Mass Challenge now. I’ve already done it once but you know how much I love strength training. How about you? What’s scheduled for today?

Duty calls, so I must dash now but I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Have an easy day and take care!

Edited