Unilateral Workouts Thoughts?

Hello FitnessBlender Community! I hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question about something I saw on YouTube recently about unilateral (single-legged/arm) workouts. I know a lot of people say not to listen to certain people in comment sections on YouTube or most things (which is true depending on the conversation I think) but this really caught my attention and got me curious and honestly kind of confused. I was wondering what you guys' thoughts were on it.

I was going through my "Workouts" playlist that I made on YouTube looking for something to watch because I was bored and wanted to watch SOMETHING. I came across a video of a new workout channel I came across on my recommended page a few days ago. I decided to check out the channel since I forgot about it. There were a lot of new videos so I chose to watch a lower body routine. I haven't done any of their workouts yet so I looked at the comments to see what people thought of the routine and the trainer. A particular comment caught my attention.

It was a comment about how this person had imbalances in their lower body saying their left side wasn't as lifted or activated as their right and if anyone else had this issue. I thought to myself, "I have the exact same issue." (I'm still working on it.) I decided to read the replies to that comment to see if there was any good advice or anything. To my surprise I saw A LOT of people saying, "DON'T DO UNILATERAL WORKOUTS." "Workouts like that are the reason why you have imbalances to begin with." "Unilateral workouts are a no-no." "Stick with double-legged routines." I was really confused because people here in the FitnessBlender community say the exact opposite. That workouts like that help with imbalances like that.

So I'm thinking either these people are misinformed or there's some truth to this. What do you guys think? I just want to be sure. I'm not doubting the FB community I'm just a little confused. Thank you in advance.