Being flexible

"Be stubborn about your goals and flexible about your methods."

I'm still adjusting to the limits my body has to adapt to since burnout in 2018. Before that part of my outdoor workouts included running up a flight of stairs (that's 80 steps!), then walking down and doing it again 2, sometimes 3 more times, all in a lovely wooded area near my home. It was exhilarating!! And my indoor workouts included HIIT in either strength training, spinning or treadmill.

I miss working up that kind of sweat. I miss the endorphins...a lot.

I've had to adjust how I get fit. I had to get flexible about my methods...and at about that time I discovered yoga.

Who knew??!?! Daily yoga has given me, for now, the outlet I need (crave, actually) to continue my fitness journey in a way that keeps me gladly coming back for more, just as lifting weights did. I've had to learn to really slow down my movements, use my breath, and be mindful of how I feel as I move. And yes, I do see progress!

I'm hoping that sometime later this year, I'll be able to workout (and work up a good sweat) with stairs and weights, but for now yoga is just perfect! I'm going to finally explore longer and slightly more difficult yoga videos this week and see how that goes.

"70% of all people who start a fitness plan quit. Except you. Not this time."

That's me...I adjusted my methods.....and kept going.