HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group March 5th

Good morning, Blendfriends. Whether you will be slaying a challenging workout a lazy Saturday, here's wishing everyone the best possible entry into your weekend. Personally, I'm ramping up my activity levels after a few days of much-needed resting up. After those two falls Sunday and Monday, and catching up at work, I was exceptionally tired this week. But I got active again with a good functional walk on Thursday and then a long, beautiful walk in my favorite park. By the end of that I was knackered, but we're planning to go again today, a snowy walk in the the sunshine felt really good. And it's kind of a limited-time offer, since next week the park will be cutting down a whole lot of trees killed by the emerald ash borer. What looks to me like a lot of lovely trees gone dormant for the winter is apparently a lot of dead trees hiding a deadly parasite. They'll remove them all before spring, to give the other trees a chance. When they did the first round, two years ago, everything looked quite blighted for the end of the winter, but by the height of the summer, new growth had come in everywhere and the park looked lush again. So, as I go out today to say goodbye to the trees, I'll keep in mind this quote from Rachel Carson:

“There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature - the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.”

Wishing you all health and strength today!