NSV + Weight Loss Goals

Hi Blenders! I just got some exciting-to-me news today and wanted to share!

Background: I'm a woman in my mid-40s, have been working out with FB for six years but have loved exercising and being active since I was a teenager, and - as an adult - have always generally eaten healthy. Over the last three or four years, however, my cholesterol has steadily been climbing to the point of being considered borderline high to high. In 2020 and 2021, I gained 25 pounds, despite a pretty healthy diet and consistent exercise. I'm 6 feet tall, so the weight had a lot of room to spread out, but I didn't feel comfortable in my body. Long story short, last fall I started meeting with a dietician, and decided to go vegan to address these concerns (I still eat chicken about once a week).

Well! Since November I have lost 22 of the 25 pounds, and I feel GREAT and like how I look! But honestly, that's just the icing on the cake. I had bloodwork done yesterday and got my results back today. Last May, my total cholesterol was 228 (they like it below 200); now it is 187! My LDL, or "bad cholesterol," was 155; below 100 is optimal. It is now at 128. I've still got some work to do, but the fact that it is coming down is so encouraging!

It is such a joy to move my body and give it what it needs, and seeing these results - from the inside out! - just motivates me even more!

Thanks for reading!

Edited