HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group March 3rd

Hello everyone.

“You are not someone’s opinion of you.”

I found a great illustration by Hannah Neese on Instagram with this quote and use it as a background on my phone, as a reminder.

Because I tend to see what people think of me as The One and Only Truth, and that’s not good! 😣

As a teen people would comment about me being “quiet” or “timid” and I found it hurtful, because often it was said as a reproach, like someone needed to point out this “flaw”. Introversion is not a flaw - neither is the opposite, or anything in between.

Now 31, I try to not let people’s opinion of me dictate MY opinion of me. Because many times, people don’t know me and simply make assumptions, or single out one trait, and we all are much more than just one bit of our personality. But I’d be lying if I’d say that came natural to me. And often the two get mixed up.

How are you coping with this? Is it something you had to learn, or are learning still? Do you have any wisdom about getting better at this?

I was awake for a while very early in the morning, worrying about the situation in Ukraine/Europe and, more selfishly, about my dating situation.

Over to workouts… what are your plans for today? After an UB workout and a run earlier this week, I will keep to yoga and a walk today. 🌞

I wish you all a sunny day and hope you get in some exercise that fits your mood and body. Now, I'll get off my soapbox. Everyone is very welcome to post here!

(Picture of a tree I came across yesterday on my run. 🌸)