Faith in Humanity Restored

Hi Blendifriends,

I wanted to share a beautiful story about a cat.

Last February 8th I was taking my 5 year old to school, when I noticed the body of a presumed dead cat on side of the road. A sad but not so uncommon car hit, it was clear she was hit on the head. On my way back I just stopped to examine the body, as I was not totally convinced that she was dead. I waited and after some 30ish seconds she made one breath. I felt I had to do something, but did not know what to do exactly or how to move her, so I called the human emergency services. An unexpected and magnificent solidarity chain happened next: the emergency services found three volunteer vets and a volunteer vet hospital willing to hospitalise her for free, I offered to drive as the ambulance and to register her under my name in the hope that the owner will be found. She fell in a coma, had several broken bones in the head and her condition was really really bad, so unfortunately the date of euthanasia was set. In the meantime my neighbor found the owner, after that the cat made a miraculous recovery and today, after three weeks at the hospital, where she was treated for free, she was taken home to her family. It made my day when I received her video happily meowing for food today.

I feel very grateful, humbled and honoured that our actions all, together, were impactful and meaningful for this family and their pet. I have also gained a friend. My day couldn't be any better. Thank you for reading and hip hip hip hooray!