So proud of myself!

Last tuesday I went bouldering and tried to climb this blue problem. I know how I work, I try something, can't proceed, come down, think about it, try again, etcetera. Sometimes a move is to scary, so I stop trying for that day and try it again later. Last tuesday I was encouraged by a friend and another boulderer. I love the encouragment, but I went over my own limits. I reached the top and then had, what felt like, a panick attack. I could not move.. up on that ledge right next to the big orange hold, which is higher then headhight for me (1.65 m / 5'5). The fellow boulderer came to my rescue and guided me down while my friend reminded me to keep breathing.

So, then came today, bouldering sunday. I had to try it again. I tried and did not feel confident, so I came back. I waited a bit, tried again, topped it and came back down without feeling panicky. I was shaking a bit, but mostly with relief (and I might have given the route the finger after my landing... 😉)

I felt so accomplished and proud and happy and like I beat myself with this one.. I broke my plateau. It was a good day.

Edited