HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group February 24rd

Hello everyone.

“If something is triggered, then something needs to be healed.” - @deargabbyquotes

Let’s jump right in with a heavy subject. Do you have things that trigger you, of which you know they indicate that something is off “inside”? Maybe you feel anger when people treat you a certain way because of … or certain comments have made you feel sad because of …

I do. Though it’s not always so obvious what needs to be healed exactly. For instance – the subject “brain tumor” keeps popping up in my life. In news articles online, when I turn on the tv. Earlier this week I was watching a rerun of ER where one of the doctors started to act strangely out of the blue, then got a brain scan: a tumour. Well, did I get triggered badly! A wound that is trying to heal very slowly, but is still very fresh, got opened again. Worrying about this gives me a headache, which further reinforces my belief that I’m bound to experience the same as my dad (one of my biggest fears). But apart from not watching the series anymore, which I chose to do, I can’t heal this in easy, clear steps.

With most of my triggers I can understand where they come from, but it’s not like there is a printable plan to heal from them. When there is grief involved, it gets even messier. I think for many people, a lot of triggers might have to do with insecurity, a lack of self-esteem, not accepting fully who you are. I also think many triggers stem from bad experiences in our childhood.

Moving on… Maybe you’re just here to share what workout you did today, or what you did to get some more peace of mind. (I’ll be attempting my first long LBS with weights since June after posting this…) Which is of course the main thing here. So please share with us! Anyone wanting to post is very welcome.

I wish everyone a sunny, easy day.

PS To end with something silly... I was doing yoga earlier this week while Tep was sleeping on my bed. When the yoga video was almost done, Tep woke up and decided to stare at me and the video. Seeing his serious, slightly confused face peering at me while I was doing happy baby pose made me laugh. Afterwards I decided to do a meditation video for some relaxation. Well... just when I had found a comfortable position on my yoga mat, with a pillow below my head and my eye pillow on... I heard Tep jumping on the floor and walking over my laptop, pausing the video. So I stood up and let Tep out of the room. When I was just lying back down, he started to scratch at my door! 🙄 Ultimately, I could do the meditation at the 3rd try. Relaxation at its finest!

Edited