Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

week 7 goal evaluation

Late post, I had a busy, productive day. I took my son to school because of the storm, did 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed and mopped my living room, saw a client, did some drawing and did Tasha’s cobweb workout..

How did my small wins go this week? I did my hanging for 20 seconds or I did 10 scapular shrugs. I also tried to do assisted pull-ups, but they were still a bit difficult. I will try again this week.

I “only” logged 3 grade 4 boulders, but I tried one of them at least 15 times (in various sessions) before I could log it (check my post on that one here: https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/29335/for-kayla-and-michele-d-climbing-the-blue-one )

I did track my food intake, but once again did little research. I think I ate quite healthy this past week.. I already notice my palate changing (sugary stuff does not taste quite as nice as it used to.)

I did some core exercises with my friend after our bouldering session on sunday. She has a PT exercise while hanging to work on her core, so I will incorporate that one during my hanging sessions this week: tilting your pelvis while hanging.

I had an NSV today: I did 10 kneeling push-ups in a row. I used to be able to do “only” 8. So 10 was nice.

Small wins for this week:

Log 3 blue boulders and attempt a black one (grade 5, I will project it: attempting till completion)

Incorporate core exercise in my hang training and attempt an assisted pull-up

Eat the good stuff

How was your week? What are your small wins?

I want to finish with this great question from the James Clear newsletter. Sometimes you need questions like this: What is something wonderful about your life that you rarely appreciate as much as you should? For me I think it is the fact that my husband still makes me laugh after being together for 24 years.. It is not that I don’t appreciate it, but this question made me realize I should consider myself lucky to have a guy like him..