Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Functional Total Body Circuits for Pregnancy & Parenthood

Happy Friday, FB Community!

Today I’m excited to share a functional strength workout tailored to the soon-to-be or current parents out there (thought it can be beneficial for anyone).

Functional Total Body Circuits for Pregnancy and Parenthood

While this workout may be geared toward current and expecting parents, we encourage anyone to try it! It's safe for any trimester of pregnancy as well as for those newly postpartum and cleared for exercise.

The reason I created it for this population in particular is because it includes exercises that are specific to activities of daily life (ADL’s) that many experience caring for young children. The toll these ADL’s can take on our body are often underestimated — I, personally can vouch for that!

The repetitive hinging, sitting, holding, carrying, and picking up can be a major cause of back and hip pain, even with such a tiny human. The goal of this routine is to prepare your body for these demands so you can feel good in the process and have a much better experience as you go through life as a parent.

I’ve included plenty of hinges, squats, pushes, pulls, carries, and core work for a well rounded-functional routine that will leave you feeling strong and ready to take on whatever life (or your child) throws at you!

Some of my favorite exercises in this workout that I’m thankful for as a mom are the ‘bathtime kneel’ and ‘ground get-up.’ Especially now with an almost 2 year old, the physical demands just keep adding on, so this type of functional training will always be a mainstay for me.

If you’re a parent, what was an unexpected physical demand for you?

Can’t wait to hear from you!

Nicole