HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 17th

Hello everyone.

“The purpose of life is to know, love and trust yourself.” – a Yogi Tea teabag I used yesterday ☕

I started out this morning wanting to start this thread first thing and write something fun, but then I got caught up in doing administration and having to reschedule an appointment (which meant making a call! 😱). So, here I am, with 5 other time-consuming tasks on my list, feeling slightly frazzled. Not good for creativity.

Back to the thought for the day: what do you think the purpose of life is? I think the quote is in the right direction. But last year I learned it is also very much about being there for others, paying attention to, and respecting, people. Especially the people that are dear to you. And not skimping on time with loved ones, because you’ll never know how much time you’re given with them. (And for the people that are far away, keeping in touch with them in other ways.)

In less philosophical news… what are you doing to get in some movement today? A workout, a walk, something practical? Giving your body some rest?

I did Daniel’s functional UBS (https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/functional-upper-body-strength-workout-dynamic-irregular-strength-training) and really liked doing that workout again. I have been doing 1 UB workout a week this month in hope to retrain those muscles.

Because I want to get the thread started for who wants to post, I’ll not be posting some silly fiction right now (sorry, Toasty). Seems like I’m continuously late with getting things done.

One last note: I am thinking about starting a notebook where I can write down positive affirmations and/or write down things that went well, in order to practice self-compassion. It feels like I really need to start this now. When I made the call, I said “yes” at one point and felt it sounded stupid. But I was able to let this negative thought go. While working out, I looked in the mirror and thought, Hey, I don’t look so bad. Two little wins. I hope writing this down will maybe inspire someone else to be kinder to themselves today.

Wishing you all a peaceful day. Storm, I hope you can get some distraction today. Crocuses for some color. Adding a Tep picture in the comments.

Edited