Back ‘home’ in Africa/ Favorite fruit/ Working out with jet lag 🥵

Hi all!

So my hubby and I are from Ohio but have lived in west Africa since 2014 doing volunteer work (medical & IT). We had to come to Ohio about 1 1/2 years ago and then couldn’t return ‘home’ due to visa/Covid issues, and we finally got back this week! We arrived Saturday night after 57 hrs of travel (a flight got delayed- long story).

I’m readjusting to the heat (95 F/ 35 C), and the jet lag has been rough on me this time (6 hour difference), but finally today I managed a workout that was on my schedule from Booty round 2! This one: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/brutal-butt-and-thigh-workout-lower-body-strength-training-sweatfest

I did it mostly bodyweight, with some bands or with large water bottles since I don’t have any weights with me right now, but it felt great to move again. Thank you for that Kelli.

Also, please enjoy this picture of my absolute favorite fruit ever that I missed so much while away- safou! Are you familiar with them? You put them in hot water for a few minutes then eat them with salt. They have a large seed in the middle like an avocado, but taste bitter. It’s an acquired taste but once you like them, you can’t get enough, lol.

What is your favorite fruit? Are there any fruits or other favorite foods that are specific to the area you live in?

Edited