Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout: Kettlebell Lower Body HIIT for Strength and Power

Happy Monday FB Community!

Today’s workout release is a free one for all of our kettlebell fans in the house: Kettlebell Lower Body HIIT for Strength and Power.

And for those of you without kettlebells, a single dumbbell will do the trick if you’re comfortable.

This one may be on the shorter side, but it is a burner. We will be incorporating dynamic movements like swings, cleans, squats, and hinges to leave you feeling stronger than ever. Our short 35 second work intervals allow for focus on optimal strength and power, while our 10 second recovery intervals give us just enough rest without letting the heart rate dip.

You’ll even find a fun new exercise called the ‘Lunge and Swing’ that combines a lunge with (you probably guessed it) a kettlebell swing! This is a more advanced movement so be sure to check out the form break-down in the write-up.

Since this workout includes a lot of hinging, squatting, and unilateral (single-sided) work, core and glute engagement will be key for keeping the movements safe and effective. While this workout is great for strengthening the legs, core, and lower back I would not recommend this workout if you currently have lower back pain.

I’ve probably hinted at this before, but kettlebells are my all-time favorite piece of equipment. They make me feel so athletic and powerful while also working the core and getting my heart rate up. Any time I need a short but effective workout, guess what I pick up? Kettlebells all the way! My own bodyweight is a close second.

What is your all-time favorite piece of workout equipment?!

Can't wait to hear how this goes! Have yourselves a great Monday!

Nicole

Edited