HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group February 12th🌧️🍫

Hello Blendfriends, and welcome to a Saturday! It's a rainy one here, but we'll be back to a hard freeze tomorrow.

I hope that your Saturday will be a day when you can catch up on some rest and melt away a bit of life stress. That's what I'm going for, anyways. My work week was pretty busy, my workout week has got me sore in muscles I didn't know I had, and alongside all that I've been full of worry and stress about a house repair that is a bit tricky to diagnose (specialized inspectors coming in soon). I guess that's the way of it with houses, if something goes wrong, it goes big. But, after I realized that I was actually giving myself physical symptoms by winding myself up with stress😨, I'm making a conscious effort to unwind. There may be guided meditations involved😌.

So, today's quote: "Worrying is like paying a debt you don't owe." (Mark Twain) A long time ago, my big brother told me that if, in a stressful situation you can separate out the actual stress and pressure of the problem, from the stress and pressure that you put on yourself dealing with it, you can drop the self-imposed part and pretty much always handle the actual problem. So I'm going for that, trying to dial down the useless worrying and save my energies for the solution, once the inspectors tell us what it is🤔.

Today will be Day 25 of Strong for me... getting close to that #programcomplete! Then this afternoon I plan to make (virtuous, wholegrain) pumpkin muffins, as self-care. KInd of going back and forth on whether they need to have dark chocolate🍫, walnuts, or both... I expect I'll get that sorted without too much trouble.

Let us know what the day has in store for you (or whether you prefer walnuts or dark chocolate)! Reminder: everyone is welcome to read and to post, we'd love to hear from you 👍