Recovering from eating disorders

Dear community,

I have been doing FB-workouts for about 9 months now and I am doing more sports than ever in my life. For the first time in my life I can relate to people who do sports every day since in some weeks I am working out 6 times.

I am a psychotherapist in training and I have a patient who is trying to recover from Anorexia. She is doing sports excessively, a few hours every day. From what I have learned in my training, 3 times a week counts as normal but I do not want to be strict about that - I would like her to find a healthy reason to work out instead of dictating the amount. I have trouble to really understand her ambivalence between wanting to be healthy and wanting to discipline her subjectively wrong body without a sixpack and a thigh gap.

If some of you are struggling with eating disorders or your body image, would you like to share your way from obsessive sports/dieting to healthy and body loving working out? What are your mental cornerstones and revelations that helped you to find a balance between the extremes without your obsession being triggered by doing sports regularly?

Thank you very much!