Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Quick Work Break Stretches for the Spine

Stepping away from a more typical flow this week, I wanted to create a quick stretch/movement tool that you could use in the middle of your work day!

Quick Work Break Stretches for the Spine

Sometimes I get really wrapped up in my work that I forget to take a break, and before I realize it, it’s been 4 hours since I’ve stood up! Sitting in a chair and/or at a desk for that long, over an extended period of time, can really wear on the spine and your overall posture. Plus, giving yourself a small break every hour or so can help you increase your mental clarity, and thus increase your productivity!

This movement/stretch break is not intended to give you a full body workout or even get you sweating :( Sorry, you’ll have to wait till next week for another one of those videos! However, this video is intended to not only give you a movement break throughout your workday, but provides you with tools that you can take anywhere and use anytime—no equipment necessary!

Whether you work out regularly or have a more sporadic workout schedule, it is important to move the spine in all 7 directions every day, to maintain spinal health. So even if you’ve run out of time (or energy) for a full workout, you can use these movements to keep your spine healthy. Feel free to take these movements as long as you’d like; take the necessary modifications; or get creative and amp it up! The practice is yours, so make it work for you and your body :-)

Marina