A

HKS (Healthy, Kind, Support) Accountability Group February 11th

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the later post for us EU guys. I remembered this morning but have been so busy at work I forgot. But here we are.

"Good energy is contagious"

It is true, so try to have it and spread it!

This morning I did my recovery workout which is actually scheduled for tomorrow. I will do today's work-out tomorrow which will be more intense and longer. Fits better for Saturday since I have more time anyways. I will also do some yoga when I get home. Probably something for my back since I have been doing a lot of computer work this week.

What do you have planned for today?

Dinner tonight is salmon, rice and an undecided vegetable. I will try a new spicy glaze on the fish. We will catch up on the biathlon race that happened today (no spoilers please if you pay attention!) and then it is crime night. I like Fridays quite a bit.

Feel free to share, or stalk, and I wish you all a happy Friday! Read on if you're interested in my yoga adventure

So as some of you know in the month of January I did a 30-day yoga challenge. And also as some of you might know, I am not a fan of yoga. I don't like all the bits about spirituality. I am there for stretching or a workout/challenging my body but that other stuff was always around. So I was always a bit anti-yoga.

What did I learn? A lot. First, it was in German so there was the language challenge, and then there was also the fact that I do not really know all the basics. A lot of videos were easy to follow but some of the more advanced were difficult. This was interesting for me because it was challenging. Of course, I couldn't do all the moves (flying pigeon pose!?!?) and sometimes I was huffing and puffing quite a bit. Very different from my vision of quiet, boring, slow, and long stretching. Some of the videos were too long, but I think it was because it was for people who maybe do not do anything else. After 1 hour workout on Saturdays, I did not want 45 minutes of yoga. I was pooped. But I really did appreciate a lot of the extra deep stretching and challenging my body on flexibility and balance.

Will I continue with yoga? Yes. I hate to say it but sometimes it was actually fun! I will now do the same 30-day playlist again but only do yoga on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (optional Sundays). I will see how this goes. I hope I can get better at some of the poses and that my balance improves. I already feel that my posture has improved a bit and I am more aware of it.

So there it is. The first challenge of the year ✅...I wonder what is next 😏