Perspiration Pals 9 February 2022

Hello Pals! Another week rushed by. How can weeks and months rush by when days seem to last forever. Apart from Saturdays and Sundays of course. That’s not what I want to philosophise about. I hope your days started well and you will manage to do everything you’ve planned for today. I watched a funny TED talk delivered by Tim Urban about procrastination yesterday. (I highly recommend that you watch it) I thought I was a rather decent procrastinator but he is a true professional. Based on an interview with Margaret Atwood she’s a procrastinator as well which is bit hard to believe but I suppose if there are minds that can stray from the tasks ahead, writers’ minds probably lead the way.

Are you a procrastinator? If you aren’t, tell us your secret. If you are, why do you think we procrastinate? What do procrastinators try to avoid? I must admit I didn’t really have this problem a couple of years ago but nowadays I could probably pass a procrastination exam. For example, I get home, put on my workout clothes and then sit down in front of my laptop. The rational side of my brain (a shrinking habitat) starts screaming ‘DON’T sit down! GET your weights!’ but the procrastinator side says ‘calm dooown… just a second.’

What would you like to celebrate today? I would suggest Imagine You’re Famous Day. Oh no. I’ve left my sunglasses at home…

Edited