Daily Check-in: Sunday, February 6th

Hi Blenders and good morning / day / evening to you! The doggo pic is taken from the internet, I'm probably breaking some copyright rules but couldn't resist him (and the search words were "active recovery" lol isn't he/she a master of it?πŸ₯°πŸ’–)

I think we can all agree my yesterday's check-in was a bit of a monster in length πŸ˜‚ so I figured you deserve some rest today. It is Sunday after all.

So how are you spending it? Indoors, outdoors, resting, working out, actively recovering (or actively not recovering😫 Yes, looking at you, Mr. Vacuum Cleaner, my loathed arch enemy)

For me it's a rest day after completing the 2nd week of Abs, which means the 4th week of Strong/Abs combo and I managed to stay on track!πŸ’ͺ🀞 That's quite an accomplishment considering how much I usually use the reschedule button. And how much I'm intimidated by 8 week programs, thinking I'll stretch them to infinity. I think a factor that surprisingly helped in this case was the intermingled schedule! Where I would usually reschedule, I now think twice "oh if I move this day, I'll have to adjust the other program too, and will not have Mondays any more as starting days and will not have separate Abs Week, Strong week..." and so I talk myself into just getting it done. Seems less of a fuss than rescheduling. 😁

So, no FB plans for me today, will go for a walk because it's a lovely cold but sunny day, and that's it. Have some leftovers from yesterday but it won't be enough so some patchwork required, not sure what yet. I do know the evening will involve popcorn and Netflix. And some dealing with bills and payments is due somewhere during the day, arrghh! I like to do that on Sundays (not *like* to do that on Sundays, but like to do that on *Sundays*)... Oh, we do have a bonus question after all! πŸ˜„ Who's the accountant in your household? When I want to discuss such things with my friends, like hey what was your electricity bill this month, ALL of them answer "I have no idea, husband deals with that" and I'm like whaaaat? How can you sleep peacefully without knowing those things? 😬 It's not that I enjoy handling it either (on the contrary!) or that I'm super good and efficient with it, but I think I'm bit of a control freak. πŸ˜†

Okay, need to stop now lest I create another monster (well, too late for that if we're being honest, oopsie πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ)

Tell me about your day and thanks for checking in!

*Today it's 8 years since my father passed away. Sad of course, but not tragic, he was old and his time had come. Absolutely no need to include anything about it in the check in, proceed normally. I just felt somehow disrespectful right before hitting "publish" if I don't mention it, like I have forgotten or like it's not important to me. It is. Love you, dad!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***