Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Core Focus Power Flow

Good morning everyone!

I’m excited to share my new Core Focus Power Flow.

Flow from core and find support in every part of your practice! We use our cores every moment of every day. Our core is not just made up of our super awesome 6-packs. To keep it simple, our core is made up of muscles in and around the torso, and these muscles are used to support/stabilize the abdomen, back, spine, and pelvis. Building core strength and cultivating a greater awareness around moving from core engagement not only offers support for our pelvic and spinal health, but maintaining spinal health can also support regulation of our Central Nervous System and our Vagus Nerve—two important physical parts of us that directly impact our mental and emotional health.

Okay, I’m done nerding out about the importance of our core! Obviously, we could take this conversation much further and get into the nitty gritty of anatomy, but let’s refocus to the simple and direct benefits of moving from core:

When the core is engaged. . .

—> You can find some lift out of the joints supporting the posture. I know as a hypermobile individual, I tend to forget to engage my muscles, and I dump my weight into my joints. While my posture might look super great in certain positions, I am not building any strength in my supporting muscles and I am actually causing unnecessary stress on my joints.

—> You can create a little lightness in static holds of postures. Holding a High Crescent Lunge or a Warrior 2 for longer than 3 breaths can become quite cumbersome, and it is easy to default by dumping into our joints when our muscles start to burn. I invite you to engage the core to feel a little lighter in your legs, and sit with the discomfort of muscles that are building tons of strength!

—> Discover a greater sense of support in balancing postures!

I hope you all enjoy this flow, and I hope to create a more all-levels friendly flow with a core focus so that we can really break this down to understand the felt experience. I have now said the word “core” a lot and I don’t blame you if the word is starting to sound weird. Feel free to comment below how many times I said “core.” :-)