Perspiration Pals 3 February 2022

Hi there, Pals! It’s a bright sunshiny day here so I suppose that gusty wind blew all the clouds away. Yesterday’s question revealed the fact that most of you (if not all of you) are intrinsically motivated to exercise, which is really good news and certainly deserves a reward.

That brings us to today’s question. Do you think you need to reward yourself for sticking to regular exercise even though you’re intrinsically motivated? Is exercising itself a kind of reward? Even if it is, how can you reward yourself? I read an article and one of the ways it suggested was to actually pay yourself. Put some money in a jar every time you work out and then spend it on something nice. It could be sports equipment or something completely unrelated to exercise. Do you like this idea?

Speaking of exercise, I’m going to do Day 24 of Strong 2 after work (so in about thousand years from now…) and I have no idea how I’ll reward myself.

As for celebration, it could perhaps be Say Something Nice To A Cat Day. I saw this video of a cat that ‘says’ OK a lot. Her name is Akkodha. Check it out. It’s going to be rewarding. Oh, and don’t forget to have a nice day.

Edited