Perspiration Pals Monday January 31st

Hey PPals and welcome to this final Monday and final day of January 2022. I'm happy enough for both to be over, how about you? Actually January isn't so bad for me. Three of my favorite people celebrate birthdays this month, including my oldest son turning 18 yesterday! I didn't check-in this weekend because I was still feeling kinda crummy with this lingering cold, but we did celebrate last night with hibachi (as we call it in the US) and...donuts ๐Ÿ™ƒ. Neither of my kids like cake, believe it or not.

The end of January got me thinking about all the resolutions that have likely fallen to the wayside by now. We all know the familiar clichรฉ of gyms being packed at the start of the new year and then pretty much back to normal by the end of the month. And I don't judge anyone for that. Making and keeping a fitness habit is hard and often takes a lot of stops and starts. But there are a lot of us who have done it and keep doing week after week and year after year, so I would like to ask you today, what's your secret? What is it that keeps you working out regularly while many others struggle to maintain a habit? Share your wisdom friends!

Or just let us know what you're up to today ๐Ÿ˜‹.

I hope to feel well enough to do a total body workout with Tasha. No walk for the next couple days as I'm making my very unhappy pupper Remy take a break from the snow and rock salt and ice. She had some cracking and bleeding on a paw pad this weekend so she'll have to reluctantly submit to a couple rest days while she heals. And no, she will not wear booties, I've tried. I'll give her lots of treats and play games in the house with her to keep her spirits up.

Are you having any special treats today? Maybe chocolate, hot or otherwise? I've been doing too much snacking lately, so I've got to crack down a bit there. But at least I have pasta (whole wheat) to look forward to for dinner, with turkey meatballs. And maybe a little garlic bread ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Enjoy your Monday as much as you can friends. And remember anyone is welcome to check in below.