Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Tips for Appetite Struggles

Hello everyone!

I have been so consistent with working out with fitness blender. I usually use them for strength while tagging on an indoor walking/running workout a few times a week. However, here’s the problem:

I’m on adderall for ADHD. This has really diminished my appetite. I’ll try and meal prep something for the week, but every time I look at it, it makes me want to throw up. Things like microwaveable means go down easy for me, as well as whatever random thing I am craving. I try and make sure I get in some veggies and fruit.

Also, I have just begun my second semester of grad school for speech pathology. I am working on the days I do not have clinic. So, a part of it could be stress. When I do have clinic, I really have only a 45 minute break for lunch between seeing clients who have speech complications from strokes, I love it so much. It’s definitely my calling. However, it leaves me little time to think about food after only have an iced coffee and maybe a breakfast sandwich for, Starbucks in the morning if I have time.

It’s strange, because I used to be someone who loved food and thought about it all the time. It’s not that I need advice for anything regarding weight loss and such. My body is at a healthy weight and I feel strong. It’s just hard with these appetite difficulties and food aversions. Any advice?