Changing my views of my body & health

Hi,

I started Keto three months ago at the behest of my functional health doctor because I just couldn't lose weight (I'm 5'2 and 183 pounds) I was eating sugar constantly, always hungry, and having these strange headaches. Of course, I went into it excited to have this massive weight loss that everyone talks about. Well, it didn't happen. I lost about seven pounds..that's it.

However, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. I don't think I realized that I could feel this good if I was eating dessert four times a week or having fries. It was a rough start but within a few weeks my skin cleared up, the constant hunger abated, and I was sleeping better than ever. I ended up having to change my workouts to low impact as my body adapted to fewer processed carbs, but even doing that was good for me. I used to think that anything that wasn't making me sweat or breathe like crazy wasn't helping me. I was obsessed with burning calories.

I'm not going to continue with Keto forever as it's too restrictive for me. However, the change in eating and learning to appreciate different workouts has been life-changing. I feel like I'm learning to accept and appreciate what it truly means to feel good and healthy. No, I'm not skinny and maybe I won't lose weight, but I can truly say I haven't felt this good in many years. I hope I can eventually let go of worry about my weight. Any advice for not slipping into old mental habits?

Thanks for reading!

KK

Edited