Perspiration Pals 26 January 2022

Hello there, Pals! More and more people I directly know succumb to the plague so even though I really don’t want to get ill, it’s probably a matter of time until my immune system, which has been doing a great job so far, burns out due to overwork. Anyway, last week we were talking about owls and the correlation between language learning and exercise so we need a brand new, well relatively new topic for today.

It’s going to be a bit self-centred, I’m afraid, but it’s a phenomenon that keeps happening me and I’m curious to know if it has ever happened to you too. It usually involves my back muscles (not my lower back) but I can practically cripple myself with a seemingly innocent movement in a second. That’s what happened to me on Sunday. After doing some easy Pilates with Kelli I got off my mat feeling this little pain in my back muscles. I could hardly move on Monday and then… here comes the interesting phenomenon part: it all went away by Tuesday. It’s not the first time this sort of thing has happened either. I get injured and then abracadabra, I’m fine. By abracadabra I mean a bit of ibuprofen. Has this sort of thing ever happened to you? Gosh, this sounds like bragging. Oh, oh, my body can do magic. Yaay.

I’m going to do Day 16 of Strong 2 after work which is, interestingly enough, a kind of recovery cardio routine. What about you?

I need to get back to work now. Although as I’ve stated before, staring at the screen and typing furiously can actually give the impression that you’re really busy.

PS, sorry about the painfully unimaginative topic and lack of funny meme.

Edited