Core Routines?

Hello Blender Peeps!

I feel like I post a lot apologies but I was just thinking about a thought that hit me the other day when I was doing day 3 of FB Reach an ab routine.

Last year in December I told myself I'd restart FB Reach this month (January) and not be so hard on myself for rescheduling or not being able to do any workouts on certain days. Thankfully this community reminds me that it's OKAY to reschedule when I need to and not feel bad especially with my issues which are A LOT better by the way. Not 100% but better. Now because I had COVID for about a week and a half somewhere around there I couldn't start with FB Reach (I'm all better now). Like I said I did day 3 and that core routine was intense! It left my core burning and I loved it (I missed that honestly). It actually got me thinking about how when I did do intense workouts I often ended up neglecting working my core. What I mean is I always worked my upper and lower body but nevet did much core routines. I did but not as much as I should have because I was so focused on my specifically my lower body and evening it out. Plus, there was always that thought telling me, "You work core all the time anyway when you do upper and lower body for balance and it general. It's not that bad right?" I knew that wasn't enough but I guess that's how I thought about it. My core was always my weakest link in my body specifically my lower back.

I have always hated that and got frustrated and wondered, "Okay I need to work my core more and not forget so it so much. I don't want to neglect any part of my body at all." I never knew how to incorporate it in routines. Usually I would work core with upper body (arms, upper back, chest) and it always felt right for me and made sense. I know a lot of routines work core and lower body which, no offense to anyone, was always weird to me because you never work much arms or chest or upper back and it felt strange. So personally that's what I did but a lot of the time I would work arms and then be done. It never felt right.

So I come to you guys, fellow Blenders about advice on how I should incorporate core routines into my workouts. Now I'm not back to extremely intense training yet but when I can in the future (GOD willing) and even now when I get to the end of FB Reach or even decide to add any extra workouts on days where I stretch or am feeling strong during FB Reach I want to be smart as possible about it.

How often do you guys work your core? I know a lot of people have told me that I should do a short core routine 3-5 minutes every day because they say you can work your core everyday since technically you use it in general all the time. Now I KNOW that, that seems like a lot even if it is 3-5 minutes and your core needs rest but just how true is it for you to work your core everyday? We do use it a lot but can you really do that? Is there anyone here who does or has? What was it like? Did you regret it? I'm curious since everyone is different.

When do you guys work your core: upper body days only like I did? Lower body days only? Do you do stand alone core routines? On total body days? Do you have the "my core gets worked no matter what I do so I don't have to" mentality? (You'd be surprised how many people think that.) I'm just curious about how you guys go about it for ideas. Thank you in advance and sorry if this post was too long!