FB Complete Week 3 Check In - Balancing Rest and Recovery

So this week was very shaky. I started developing a flu from last week Friday (is it COVID? IDfk), and even though there were days where I felt better, my health was just not at its best. Fortunately this week had a lot of great recovery workouts!

(Mon) Day 15 - Missed. Replaced with gentle yoga.

(Tues) Day 16 - Workout Complete. Low Impact Cardio

(Wed) Day 17 - Workout Complete. Low Impact Cardio.

This is when my week started doing more downhill lol. I did an interview (went great actually!) and went to go do errands, so I got some walking in as extra workout. Came home, stressed, my period started, badly wanted to sleep but stayed up late. Had trouble falling/staying asleep, and woke up with a migraine that continued on off for the next couple days. 😵

(Thur) Day 18 - Workout Complete. Low Impact Cardio

(Fri) Day 19 - Missed. Replaced with gentle yoga.

(Sat) Day 20 (Recovery day) - Missed.

(Sun) - Finally back to karate after missing the last three classes. Had a looong walk listening to podcasts. Was fun and I feel better than I have all week!

Some insights:

- It's funny how the second my schedule opens up all I want is to cram it again. I've been trying to take it easy as much as possible but my mind keeps drifting back to my hobbies and routine and how to get them back in order again.

- I actually don't like lounging around when sick. Then all I can focus on is feeling sick. 😅 The times I felt best were going for a short walk to the shop or even to my backyard and just feeling the sun on my skin. (I suppose I am just a plant haha).

- I'm happy I've been able to stick to the program for the most part! Just need to continue prioritizing rest.