Ppals Sunday January 23❄🌞

Happy Sunday Ppals!

It is sunny cool (24 F) morning here. There is a layer of snow/ice/frost and with all the sun it looks quite bright and cheerful out. It is supposed to get up into the 40's F this afternoon so I will wait until then to venture out so I don't I have to slide around on my driveway and street. I hope to get out for a walk as most of you know I enjoying walking alone and with friends.

Today is a recovery day for me, day 18 for Strong2. I was fooled into thinking that tomorrow was my rest day then. No this week is total body workout week so tomorrow I have one more total body workout followed by a recovery day and then my rest day. 🛌

Total body strength workouts are not my favorite but they are growing on me. Sometimes I feel like I am not able to work my upper and lower body effectively if I am doing combo moves because it is hard to focus on several things at the same time. But I also think total body workouts are more functional and help us with everyday activities or not so every day activities such as clearing snow or gardening and yard work. So they are training for life. They are more efficient and give us time to focus on stretching and other more specialized exercises on the off days. On top of that I really like variety. So I guess I really do like a mix of total body strength weeks and non-total body strength training weeks.

So what do you all think? What type of strength training do you like best? Or maybe you don't like strength training.

Now onto the exercise tip: All of our trainers have us warm-up and tell us to do a longer warm-up if needed (sometimes I repeat the warm-up) but they never caution us that staying really warm can prevent us from working out. 🤣🤣🤣

All are welcome to chat with us over here at Ppals. Tell us about your day, exercise, food menu, answer the host questions or take us on a completely different tangent (that never happens on Ppals) that leads to fun conversations.🤗

Edited