Daily Check-in: Saturday, January 22nd

Hello dear friends!

Well, it's been a while since I ghosted, I hope I won't mess it up. And even if I do, you know the drill so luckily not much can go wrong here😜

I've been waiting till I get a nice pic to share. On my favorite walking route I often come across a pair of pheasants (mind the "h"!πŸ˜„) so I've been trying to catch them in a pic for ages! No luck. They are fast and shy and I am slow. (I love the sound they make too, something clicky and funny. Do you know it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MhZFOKiGgw)

Anyway, change of plans (of waiting for pheasant cooperation before volunteering for ghosting) was in order and here we have a pic of I don't know what it is, but it looked pretty and the sun lighted it beautifully. From my same walking route. I love the area because it's so close to where I live, and in the city actually (surrounded from all sides with streets and buildings) but somehow feels wild, like a patch of nature urban planners forgot to deal with and pheasants, dog walkers and peace-and-quiet seekers took over. There are a lot of gardens there too, hidden in labyrinths of bushes because they are illegal 😁

What does your favorite route for walks look like? Oh, and I think I don't know this for most of you – do you live in a more urban or more rural area? Flat or house? I live in a flat in a 50-ish year old district of a 800-ish years old city. The capital actually, but our country is quite small so it's probably a much smaller city than what you imagine when you hear "capital". A little over 800.000 residents. I used to live in a house in another part of the town but I like this better. The house wasn't isolated enough from the neighbours to compensate for all the solo stressing about maintenance, if that makes sense.

Enough ramble, Kristina, on to the regular check in questions – how are you doing today? Are you working out or resting and what's cooking?

I'm about to finish the first week of Abs with this https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/brutal-abs-workout-abs-obliques-and-lower-back-workout and I think it's been the toughest week I had in a while! Workout-wise. So rest will be very welcome tomorrow and hopefully enough to start week 2 of Strong on Monday.

Thank you for checking in and I wish you a wonderful day!

p.s. furry trainer pics always welcome!😍

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***