Daily Check-in: Friday, January 21st

Hello, Blenders!

Happy Friday (or Saturday for some) to you!

How are you all doing today? How'd your week go?

I hope it's been alright. Or maybe even McConaughey level: alright^3.

Regardless, I hope you're all doing well!

And I hope you're excited for the weekend--because you're in for a ghosting treat! Our wonderful Kristina has volunteered to host! Thank you Kristina; and I'm so lookin forward to your posts!

Before we get there though, let's talk about our Friday, eh? What's it have in store for ya?

Workouts? Rest? A mix?

I actually was able to squeeze in a workout (Tasha's balancing routine) even with the shoveling I did yesterday. Tasha's routine was approachable, and just the right amount of work without being too much. It a was a great routine that I very much enjoyed! Now today is a choice between stretching and core work. I will probably do the core routine, and my own stretching. I've tried Kayla's stretching routine for hips, and while I like it, my hip did not for some reason. So I'll be switchin that one out.

And what about some food for today? What's on the menu?

Well, I tried Ingeborg's Brussels-sprouts-dipped-in-ketchup yesterday; and I am not in the least be ashamed in sayin I liked it. So thank you, Ingeborg--it is not something I would've tried if you hadn't mentioned it! As for today's menu; not really sure. I want to make Shabnam's Abgoosht recipe, but I don't have the ribs or shank meat to do it just yet. So maybe I'll get that over the weekend. I'm tempted to make the Ghormeh Sabzi again too. That was sooo good. Hm. Decisions, decisions.

FInally: here's another pic for ya. How bout a snowy squirrel? These guys have been causin quite a bit of havoc this winter. The other day I was outside, and it sounded like there was a squirrel literally in my face yellin at me. I was very very confused, because I could not see the darn thing anywhere. Finally I kicked the siding of the house, and, sure enough, the little brat came shootin outta the siding. So, I had to go around and put steel wool in the gaps to hopefully keep those naughty tree rats outta there.

Alright, I think that's enough from me for these past two weeks! You'll be back to checking in with our fantastic Miss Raven on Monday!

So until then; thanks so much for checking in with me, and have a great weekend, Blendfriends!

Take care, Blenders!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited