Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Kayla’s Tuesday Thoughts

Swinging by to check the vibes in the Community on this Thoughtful Tuesday! I’m rather reflective today and wanted to share one of my favorite quotes.

“Everything I do is for the 17-year-old version of myself." - Virgil Abloh

Virgil’s words stick with me for many reasons and, this year, they’ve sparked my 2022 Intention.

Have you ever used Intention Words to reset your drive, fuel your purpose, or find meaning? Setting my Intention is a reflective practice that I’ve done throughout the past few years. Initially, I participated because it was “trendy” and something to post on social media. I’ve since stopped doing that because, at the end of the day, I have nothing to prove to everyone and everything to prove to myself.

Is your Intention a noun? Perhaps it is a verb that activates the law of attraction. Will it guide how you intend to show up for yourself, or does it describe specific goals and outcomes that you wish to accomplish?

My Intention for 2022 is to Shatter (Ceilings). Yes, that’s technically two words, but it just fits. In 2022, I am going to shatter all types of ceilings - racial, societal, institutional, and, importantly, self-imposed. My Intention for 2022 is to shatter all of the ceilings that my 17-year-old self thought to be suffocating, insurmountable, and impenetrable.

Talking about our Intentions can be an amazing way to connect with ourselves and others. Over the past year, I’ve created so many meaningful, albeit virtual, relationships on this incredible platform, and I would love to hear about your Intention(s) and how you’ve decided to live in 2022. Looking forward to reading your thoughts, and here’s to _________ (insert your Intention here)!