Ppals Sunday January 9, 2022🎈🍡

Happy Balloon Ascension Day!

Hot Air Balloons look so pretty and peaceful that I thought it made for good picture for a peaceful Sunday!

It is really National Balloon Ascension Day-not to be confused with Hot Air Balloon day which is June 5, in case someone checks,

National Balloon Ascension Day on January 9th commemorates the first balloon flight in the United States in 1793.

The French aeronaut, Jean Pierre Blanchard, took flight over the Walnut Street Prison in Philadelphia above a large crowd. He ascended in a hydrogen gas balloon, a popular balloon at the time. George Washington witnessed the launch of the balloon, too. That day he lit the fires of fascination with ballooning in Americans.

I apologize if the above paragraphs seem focused on Americans, hot air balloons can be enjoyed by all! I also didn't realize my home town of Philadelphia would be featured.

I have never been up in a balloon. Have any of you? Please share your adventures.

Today is my rest day so I think I will find a new stretching workout that I haven't done before and enjoy the day! If the rain holds off I will do the Honda walk this afternoon. It is supposed to be in the 50's F here so that should be perfect walking weather.

Please share your exercise and exciting plans for the day with us. I 'm not sure of my food plans for the day but I am excited about the produce order I put in for Tuesday. They have the peanut butter chocolate chip bakery cookies I like and I ordered a new tea-chocolate chai along with my produce.

We welcome all to chat with us Ppals in this friendly corner of the FB Community.πŸ€—

In hosting news we have a 2 changes for this week: the lovely CKB 🌺will be our host tomorrow and the wonderful LynnaπŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ will lead us on Tuesday. Now I better go before you think I have forgotten to host today.

Edited