Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Exercise Ball Core Add-On Workout

Happy New Year Everyone!

What better way to kick off 2022 than with a new workout release designed to strengthen the foundation of your body: your core!

Exercise Ball Core Add-On Workout

It’s short, coming in at 18 minutes, so feel free to use it as an add-on to another workout (suggestions in the write-up) or as a quick stand-alone routine.

If you’re anything like me, you may neglect doing focused core work because, let’s face it, it can be a little slow. I’ll admit (call me crazy) I’d rather do mountain climbers, burpees, or something that works my full body in addition to my core.

While there’s nothing wrong with that, slowing things down and isolating the core does deserve an important place! It provides a strong foundation for the higher intensity moves like mountain climbers and burpees, helps to stabilize the entire body, decreases back pain, overloads the muscles for greater strength, and much much more.

In this workout we spice things up by incorporating instability training (using the exercise/physio ball) to increase core and overall muscle activation. Essentially your muscles must work harder to complete the movement than they would with bodyweight only. If you’re looking for new ways to make core work both fun and effective, I hope you’ll join me for this one!

A note on safety - You may feel a bit wobbly and unstable using the exercise ball. Some of this is normal and natural with instability training. However, if you feel unsafe in any of the exercises (especially planks on the ball) I encourage you to do these exercises without the ball.

Wishing you all the BEST start to the New Year. Thanks for kicking off 2022 with Fitness Blender!

Nicole

Edited