2022 strategy for a better year

I'm going to guess that for many of you 2021 was a stressful, confusing, worrisome, depressing year - that followed right on the heels of the equally bad 2020. I was hoping 2021 would be a brighter year but instead it was worse, with the heartbreaking loss of two family members and the daily dose of increasingly bad news. So when New Year's Day 2022 arrived, I literally gave 2021 the finger.

So how to move forward? I have decided not to expect 2022 to be a good year. Instead, I am going to focus on good moments. Three a day.

I will start with a good morning moment with FB workouts and walks. Not just putting it on my calendar - making it a specific time in my day.

Then I will put a moment of good on my daily to-do list - connecting with someone, being helpful, a small act of kindness.

And for the end of the day, I will work on getting better sleep. If I wake up tired, I won't work out, I'll make bad food choices and be easily discouraged. So I will make another other moment of good by getting in bed with something relaxing to read.

That's my plan. We'll see how it goes.

Happy New Year, I wish you all many moments of good in 2022.