Weekend Check-in 👻: Saturday, January 1st

Happy New Year, Blendies! 🎊🥂🎉

I tried to find an inspirational quote to share on this New Year’s Day, but nothing really resonated. So I’m going to share what our very own Blender, Dotti, shared on Instagram yesterday, because THAT really did resonate. She was talking about the idea of resolutions and goals, and basing them around something that adds to our lives rather than takes away from them, and how that is much more sustainable. I just loved that! And the beauty of being alive is that we can do that any time of the year!

So how do you want to add to your life this year? I want to get back to reading fiction! It’s been a long time…I’ve been reading a couple of parenting books and personal growth books and, while they’re great, they certainly don’t provide the fun escape from reality that fiction does!

I also want to add some more tools to my tool belt when it comes to managing stress. I’ve found hot baths to be wonderful (and exercise, of course), but I want to have some other options at hand when a bathtub is not nearby!

Did you celebrate New Years Eve this year? If so, what did you do? And do you regret it this morning? 😆 We just went to a friend’s house for happy hour. Home by 9:00, asleep by 10:00!

Okay, let’s get down to business. What workouts are we doing today, and what are we eating? I’m doing Kayla’s new hip flexor strengthening workout, plus a quick lower body strength routine. Food is…maybe hot sandwiches? Maybe spaghetti? Something simple!

Okay, I’ve babbled on enough, now it’s your turn! I hope you have a wonderful start to 2022!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***