Daily Check-in: Thursday, December 30th

Good any time your eye reads this, Blendfriends, and welcome to New Years Eve Eve. What are you up to and down for on this second to last day of the year?

Is there a workout in your day? If so, what is it? I'm thinking some upper body strength training. Or I might take a more of an active rest day approach. Or I wouldn't mind having an oops I cleaned my kitchen moment like Kim. So many possibilities, but do share what is working for you!

As for the food, well, I'm sort of winging it. And I don't mean chicken wings. I kinda just hope dinner solves and sorts itself out and magically appears.😅 I'll pull something out of the freezer and make it work. Again, share what is working for you!

And we also need to talk ghosting (guest hosting) right quick. Coby, I believe you are scheduled to take on this New Years weekend? Let me know if its still good for you! ..I know we have Shabnam the weekend after, but if anyone is interested in ever hosting a weekend, now is a good time to mention your interest! It's very much appreciated!

Okay, as for the photo, it is a Cochineal Cactus taken at a friends house. I have only a couple of these cactus pads myself growing in a pot whereas here you can see this one has gone pad jointed formation to tree size proportions. Talk about goals.

In focus and center is its long and narrow red flower that does bloom fall through winter. The cactus gets its name (because I know you all are wondering) from the cochineal insect that lives on it. The mealy looking bugs were important as they were farmed and their little crushed bodies used as a red dye from lipstick to drinks.

And what separates this non native from the standard prickly pears is its size and lack of sharp spines. Although mostly smooth, they can still have tiny hairs (called glochids) that are not fun to touch. I speak from experience.

Alright, now that you know way more than you ever wanted to know about a cactus--your very welcome--have a spineless day. You get the idea.

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***