Perspiration Pals 29 December 2021

Hello there Pals! How are you this morning/afternoon/evening? The snow I was so excited about on Monday practically disappeared. When you clearly see signs of climate change in your own lifetime you feel more than just a little sad when the blanket of snow on top of the outside unit of your AC disappears in a couple of hours. Anyway, believe it or not, today’s question is connected to my lamentation about global warming. Well, loosely connected.

Yesterday, I commented on being barefoot in the middle of winter and then a couple of hours later I looked at a photograph of Daniel not wearing a scarf! I realised that I’d probably become one of those old ladies who would stop random young people in the street saying ‘put on a warmer coat, darling you’ll catch your death’ or ‘why don’t you put on a scarf?!’ or ‘your ankle is showing, it’s -2°C, you know’. I’ll tell you a secret. Do you know why I started working out in winter about 6 or 7 years ago? I was cold. All the time. Then I wasn’t. Brilliant, isn’t it? So that brings me to my question (about time). What are the symptoms of hypothermia?

I’m about to start Day 2 of the Burn Challenge. What are you going to do to get warm? Take your dog/cat and a blanket? Hold a nice hot mug of cocoa? Or do you like living dangerously and you've decided to do a Tasha routine?

It’s Pepper Pot Day, by the way. My mini lifebook is getting sillier and sillier as we approach the end of the year.