Yesterday "In the Kitchen" Tuesday 12-28-21

Good day eveyone.

Hope your day is going fabulous. It has been cold and snowy here. Snowed off and on most of yesterday. So of course it was puzzle time and being "In the Kitchen."

Lunch was finishing up the last of the fried rice. Changed it up a bit with a basted farm fresh egg for Storm. I had mine with a half of turkey sandwich. Using up the sourdough discard I made pitas for the freezer as we were out.

Dinner was my first attempt at making tamales. I used some turkey from the freezer and a bunch of spices (cumin, smoked chili, chili powder, garlic) onion, and red bell pepper. Simmered it most of the afternoon. Then drained the excess liquid to put in the masa. I do not have a proper steamer for making tamales, so I made up a make shift one with a colander. They turned out pretty good for my first time ever. Accompanied them with some black beans with smidge of pepperjack cheese and some dirty rice. A dab of sourcream and some pepper sauce to finish them off.

What did you have going on in your kitchen? Using up leftovers from the holiday weekend? Still having friends or family over? Ever made tamales before? Tips or tricks if you have?

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Edited