Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout: Upper Body Strength with Bonus Pulses

Hi FB Family!

I hope you are all doing well- abundant with health and energy for my newest workout. 

Upper Body Strength with Bonus Pulses for Stabilizing Muscle Activation

This fun workout is great for those that get bored easily. While we perform each exercise twice, the second round is slightly different from the first. We work through a full range of motion during the first round, and in the second, we pulse the exercise. I aimed to do my pulses near mid-range, but there were times I needed to modify. When the exercise felt easy, I worked closer to the end-range. When it felt harder, I pulsed closer to the beginning of the range.

When I was in my 20's and just starting to learn what exercise and working out was all about, weight lifting seemed so scary. I was much more comfortable with things like yoga, pilates, Zumba, and running. Mostly, I was intimidated by all the weights and machines, not to mention the insanely fit and muscular people at the gym. 

So, I started low and slow with exercises that were more familiar to me. I also found some weight lifting classes at the gym that I liked that helped boost my confidence. 

Fast forward to today, and weight lifting is my primary form of exercise. It makes me feel stronger, leaner, and more toned than any other type of exercise I have done. I also think that lifting weights has made me a better runner and yogi. My body is just more efficient at everything when I regularly strength train. 

How many days a week do you strength train? Do you notice any differences when you lift weights regularly?

I hope you enjoyed this routine. Thanks for working out with me!

- Amanda