HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group December 25th 🏡

Hello Blendfriends! I hope this day finds you all snug in your homes, and that you can enjoy time with your loved ones. I know it's not winter for everyone, but here is a quote that can also apply to the holidays, even if it's warm out!

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire; it is time for home." (unattributed)

CK and I had a little conversation here on FB a week or so ago, talking about home, and the homes we have. We start in our parents' home, then end up making a home for ourselves, and maybe feeling completely at home with good friends somewhere else. And she warmed my heart by saying that FB is a home, and, I don't remember her exact words, but she felt safe here, and among friends. So, whatever is going on in your life right now, please feel welcome and at home here.

Right now, I am taking advantage of my time at home to work on a good habit. Today, I decided get up first thing and do my workout. I used to do this habitually, every single day, and my consistency fell by the wayside after all the physio, and traveling, and work ramping up in intensity. I want to take this time at home, with fewer demands on my time, to build that habit again. It kind of feels good to be done with my workout, rather than worrying about whether or not I will do it 🤦‍♀️.

I won't deprive Martine of the pleasure of telling us how many days it is till Christmas. For all those who celebrate this holiday, I hope it is a joyous one. Feel free to share your festive treats and meals with us, good cooking ideas are always welcome! We'll be having duck confit with roasted potatoes, because I can't get enough of that stuff. For those who don't celebrate Christmas, I wish you a blissful and restful Saturday - the last one this year! It's been lovely hosting this community on our slazy Saturdays, and I look forward to seeing you in this space over the next year as well!