Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 28-Min Quick Bodyweight Strength Supersets with Isometric Holds

Good morning FB Family!

Maybe you’re in need of a slower-paced workout? If so, you’re in luck with today’s workout release:

Quick Bodyweight Strength Supersets with Isometric Holds

In each superset of this no-equipment workout, you will alternate between a moderate tempo exercise and a complementary isometric move. The static muscle contractions of the isometric poses add a time-under-tension element to your resistance training to account for the absence of weights. This workout is perfect for days during which you still want strength training but do not want to add load! From an active recovery workout to an add-on to a weighted total body strength routine, this workout has a variety of uses depending on your training goals and schedules.

Take a peek at the workout write-up for a few benefits of isometric training as well as several tips on how to make the most of this workout format. Your goal is to feel your muscles working during the workout but not leave the workout feeling totally depleted. Just a heads up, two of your most hated moves are included in this workout. They just want your love. Can you guess which moves they are?

Right now, I’m juggling end-of-the-year holiday fun with filming and creating workouts. My family decided I’m hosting Christmas dinner this year which is both exciting and hilarious (they’re trusting me to cook a tasty meal, haha). And I’m plotting some “creative” workout content for 2022. I love having a packed schedule with all things that I thoroughly enjoy; however, good stress is still stress and my mind is constantly racing towards the next event or item on my to-do list. Candice’s Turn Your Brain Into a Super-Focused, Stress-Fighting Machine Through Mindfulness article has been super helpful in bringing my focus back to the present while reducing some of my constant brain chatter. I’m admittedly not the best at consistently practicing mindfulness, but I know that with practice and patience this effort towards self-care is worth it. If you’re amidst the holiday hustle right now, how are you handling your multiple engagements and priorities? I’m just curious!

I hope you enjoy the workout and get a chance to read Candice’s article! Please blame Jonathan for any exercises you dislike. It’s always his fault.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha