Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 10 Minute Upper Body and Core Stability Routine

Hi FB Family!

Okay, Tasha beat me to the screen this morning, but I'm ready with a fast-follow release. We don't normally publish two videos in one day, but this 10 Minute Upper Body and Core Stability Routine seemed like a perfect complement to Tasha's intense 44-Min Upper Body Strength Circuits. Sometimes you just need a shorter "companion" for a strength or cardio routine or some quick, but effective stand-alone upper body work.

Today's workout is all about core, shoulder, and scapular stability. Don't let the fact that it is only 10 minutes fool you. I was sweating and a little out of breath by the end!

There are ten exercises with no repeats that can be deceivingly hard. I recommend using a lighter weight and a light to medium resistance band to ensure your form is spot on before upping the challenge.

I have a confession to make: I almost did not put push-ups in this routine. Why? Because they are hard! Especially when you do a full push-up with no modifications. Every time I do push-ups, I am taken right back to elementary and middle school gym class when we had to do them, and I couldn't! So you can imagine how nervous I was to film myself doing them in this workout. I have been working out consistently for the better part of a decade, and push-ups are still challenging for me. BUT, I can do a few without modifying them now, which makes me really proud.

In other words, if you have a strength or fitness goal, put in the work, and it will pay off. Also, celebrate your wins and successes, no matter how big or small!

I hope you enjoyed this routine and were able to feel all those stabilizers kicking in. Thanks for working out with me!

- Amanda

P.S. A "little birdie" told me that next week one of my new workouts will be going live as a free video. I'm excited! This will be my first free video. So, if you've been wanting to work out with me, and you're not (yet!) an FB Plus member, here is your chance. It's a great Upper Body Strength with Bonus Pulses routine - that I'm really hoping you love.